VENA SEAL Closure System
Schematic of VenaSeal closure procedure (glue procedure)
VENA SEAL Closure System is a novel FDA approved and advanced sealing procedure that uses adhesive to seal the vein and treats varicose veins and venous reflux without traditional heating or stripping the vein out of the leg. The strong adhesive is capable of instantaneous bonding in the vein, stopping the blood flow in the diseased vein with broken valves and redirecting blood flow to healthy veins. More than 97% of veins remained closed at 12 months after treatment with the VenaSeal system. Unlike the other treatment options this procedure does not require anesthesia. Only a small amount of local anesthesia is used at the access site.
Additionally generally Vena Seal does not require post procedure compression stocking. Patients report rapid relief of visible varicose veins and symptoms with fast recovery, allowing them to ambulate immediately after the treatment and return to normal activities of daily living. There is little to no pain or discomfort, both during or after the Vena Seal procedure. This procedure may not be right for everyone and your doctor can help you make the right decision.
Benefits of the VenaSeal Procedure:
- Minimal discomfort during the procedure
- Short treatment time
- Minimal to no bruising following the procedure
- Only one needle stick of numbing medicine (non-thermal,eliminates multiple injections of anesthesia)
- Rapid return to normal daily activities and return to work
- Generally no need for post-procedure compression stockings
- FDA cleared, clinically proven and safe
To obtain detailed information of treatment of varicose veins with VenaSeal, please visit the website